Taking care of your printer is crucial and if not taken good time care, the life of a printer can get diminished greatly. Thus, you need to be very careful while handling printer and see that it gets a good care and maintenance.
How to Care for Your Printer
Here are thus 10 basic tips for you to maintain good condition and long life of your printer:
• Clean your printer everyday if you are in a dust prone place, or in alternative days both from inside and outside. Remember dust is the primary enemy of a printer. If the paper feeder tray is not in use fold it in.
• It’s best to keep it covered with a printer cover (you will get many for your model and size) to avoid more dust.
• When not in use, turn it off. Do not leave it turned on the whole day when it is sitting just idle.
• One of the best ways to make your printer go a long way is regular use. A printer frequently used would not get a trouble, and will always run in a good condition.
• All printers have a maintenance mode inbuilt that checks for hardware problems in it. You should use the maintenance mode once a month to make sure everything is ok with the printer.
• Do not use cheap quality papers to avoid paper jams
• The use of refilled cartridges highly affects print quality and performance. Try to use original cartridges and toners.
• The paper you use in it should be dry, straight and without any bend or folds.
• Any sort of troubleshooting should be done after reading the manual, which is always a safe practice.
• You should be extra careful while handling inner parts of the printer while changing cartridges, as the parts are small and delicate.
If you can follow all the above steps carefully, your printer will last longer and will give you good performance for a long time.
The 5 Best Printers Available in Market
Often people get confused when they have to choose from a wide range of printers in the market. Several factors are important here, like where are you going to use it, for what purpose, how much load it has to take and more such facts. However, listed below are the top 5 performers of all types:
HP OfficeJet Pro 8026 All-in-One Wireless Smart Colour Printer – This one needs more space for storage, but it’s no match for top-grade printing at very high speed for both office and home, and for pictures and documents.
Epson EcoTank L3150 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer – It’s popular because of the Epson’s cloud-printing portfolio.
Epson L130 Single-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer – If you don’t have a wide space for a good photo printer, then this is the perfect machine to print high quality documents and pictures.
HP Laserjet Pro M126nw Multi-Function Monochrome Laser Printer – It’s a monochrome laser printer nice for both small offices and homes, and a good value for money.
Brother HL-L2321D Single-Function Monochrome Laser Printer with Auto Duplex Printing – A good machine for black and white prints of large volume for small businesses.
Anyone using printer at home or in office, hence should take utmost care to get proper service from it.
Above Image Credits from blog.123ink.ca